Wedding Photography Packages & pricing info
All of the wedding photography packages below can be customized, just ask if you have questions! We try to keep things simple around here, so the main difference between all of the packages comes down to the amount of coverage time and how many photographers will be there. Every package we offer comes with all of the photos in high resolution. There are other small changes, however, so we recommend you look through all of them. These three packages are organized by the most common package requests we’ve received over the years. Wedding trends are always changing so don’t hesitate to ask if you want to make adjustments.
Silver Wedding Photography Package
The Silver Wedding Photography Package is designed for the young couple starting out on life with a tight budget, but who still insist on the best in professional wedding photography.This package is also good for destination weddings with a small group of family and friends.
In most cases, one photographer is recommended for weddings with up to 50 or 60 guests
Wedding Photography Package starting at $1,000
Gold Wedding Photography Package
• 6 hour coverage with 2 photographers
• All high-res photos included
• Basic editing on every photo
• Low-res Online viewing gallery
• Purchasing gallery for family and friends
• Print authorization
This is one of our more popular packages (also popular with 8 hours of coverage). The Gold Wedding Photography Package is designed for wedding couples who want thorough coverage of their most important day of their lives. We ensure that there is sufficient time allocated for formal family & friends group photographs, formal bridal photography, as well as full coverage of both the wedding ceremony and the reception.
Two photographers are usually recommended for weddings with more than 60-70 guests.
Wedding Photography Package starting at $1,500
Platinum Wedding Photography Package
The Platinum Wedding Photography Package is our most popular package with discerning couples. We take time to get to know you, the bride, and we take infinite care in capturing those precious intimate moments leading up to your wedding. We know how important it is to capture the essence, the mood and feel of this special day for you. We slow down time, taking care to photograph those stolen moments in your final preparations, your time spent with family and friends, sitting in front of the mirror making last minute adjustments to your makeup, hair and dress. We light your formal bridal photography with professional studio location lighting, and take care to photograph you in the most flattering soft light, often using soft focus lenses to create that beautiful romantic feel.
We also ensure that there is sufficient time allocated for formal family & friends group photographs, formal bridal photography, as well as full coverage of both the ceremony and the reception. This approach leads to the most beautiful romantic bridal wedding photography.
Wedding Photography Package starting at $2,800
Less than 20 people or shorter than 5 hours? Ask about small wedding packages.
Contact Ryan Merrill Photography!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Many Photos Do You Typically Deliver After A Wedding?
• It’s hard to give an exact number because I do not limit the photos to a specified amount. I give you all of the photos taken except for the ones that obviously need to be cut out because of something like the eyes being closed or a weird expression. I typically cut less than 5-10% of the photos taken at a wedding. I would estimate that at an average 8 hour wedding with two photographers might end up with somewhere around 2,000 photos. A 4 hour wedding with 1 photographer might have closer to 1,000 photos. All of these numbers completely depend on the mood of the wedding though. If you have a highly motivated crowd with a lot going on there will be more photos than an calmer crowd with a simple brunch or dinner reception.
What Is The Advantage Of Having A Second Photographer? When Do You Need One?
• A second shooter is great because they offer a different photographic view and often capture photos that a single photographer alone wouldn’t be able to. It opens the primary photographer up so that they have more time to spend with the bride and groom while the second shooter is capturing other parts of the wedding. I usually recommend a second photographer if you have more than 50-60 people at your wedding. If you are at or below 50-60 it is completely your call. If photography is an important part of the wedding to you then I would suggest having a second photographer.
How Flexible Are Your Packages?
• All of the packages on my website are pretty much there as a guide. I modeled the three main packages after the requests I receive most often. If you have specific needs, send me an email and I can work out a custom package for you or we can mix and match parts from the packages above.
What About Engagement Sessions?
• I love engagement sessions. It’s usually the only chance I have to actually interact with couples before their wedding. You get a chance to see how I work and what to expect of me at the wedding while I get a chance to see what photos you like and how you interact with the camera. I usually charge $200 for an engagement session.
Tell Me About Your Lighting?
• Lighting is my passion. Photography is the art of capturing light. Ambient light has a big part in wedding photography but too often it is not enough for capturing the feel of the moment. For that reason, I always bring my own lighting equipment to every wedding.
What About Your Equipment/Backups?
• One thing I am very adamant about is having top of the line equipment and enough backup equipment in case something fails. Every photographer will eventually have equipment that fails but that shouldn’t stop the wedding. I normally carry four camera bodies and 7-10 lenses plus plenty of extra lights to every wedding.
How Long Does It Take To Process The Images?
• Typically it takes around 2-3 weeks to process the entire set of images. Of course, this is all depends on the time of year and how busy I am. As far back as I can remember I don’t think I’ve ever taken over a month to deliver photos from a wedding which is much faster than a lot of photographers I know.
I’m Interested In An Album, Can You Tell Me More?
• My albums are very nice, thick, leather bound albums that are custom designed by a professional designer. After the wedding you pick around 100 photos for the album and I’ll send it off to be designed. You will be given a digital proof of the album before it is printed and you have a chance to make any necessary changes. If you have more questions about albums ask to meet with me and I can show them to you!
Can I View The Photos Online And Send Them To My Family?
• I get a lot of questions about viewing photos online. What I typically do with every wedding is set up an online gallery for you to view the photos. You are free to send the gallery to any friends and family that you wish.
Can My Friend/Family Member Take Pictures Too?
• I have no problem with friends and family taking photos! I only ask that friends and family are courteous and don’t interfere with the creative process.
Photojournalist Vs Traditional Posed Photography?
• I consider my wedding photography style to be primarily photojournalistic. I love candid photos and captured moments! Having said that, one of my favorite parts of the wedding is shooting the Formal photos with the wedding couple. I am a lighting fanatic and love creating just the right lighting for a dramatic portrait!
Travel and travel expenses
• While the website name does specify South Florida as my working area, I have been known to travel much farther, including many states all over the country and several other countries such as the British Virgin Islands, China, Italy, Canada, and Mexico. Travel expenses depend greatly on the distance I am traveling and the type of package that is chosen. I typically do not charge for traveling to venues in South Florida.
See What Others Say:
All 100% real reviews taken word for word from thank you cards or online reviews left by clients
Read more of our 5 star reviews on Wedding Wire & The Knot